The spicy and savory taste of this dish is so satisfying it will leave you wanting for more. So you better make sure you got a lot of rice in the front of you because you’ll surely eat more than you usually do. This dish is also known as Bicol express.
- Coconut milk
- Ginger (diced)
- Garlic (diced)
- Onion (diced)
- Red chilli pepper
- Fish sauce (if you don’t have shrimp paste)
- Salt & pepper
- Cooking oil
Red chilli pepper.
- Cut the pork into bite size.
- In a hot low heat pot put 2 tbsp of cooking oil, sauté the sliced pork.
- When the pork turns light brown put in the garlic,onion and ginger, sauté.
- Once the onion is soft, sprinkle 2 pinch of salt and pepper. Put 1 tbsp of fish sauce keep sautéing.
- Cut the red chilli pepper into 3 and sauté it as well together with all the ingredients.
- Start pouring in the coconut milk. Mix the pot let it simmer then cover the pot when it started boiling.
- Wait approximately 20 mins. Mix the pot again when the coconut milk starts evaporating and the pot is almost dry turn off the heat.