Laing is a Filipino appetizer and also serve as a dish. It is a little spicy but savory, make sure to have a lot of rice on the side because this Laing will make you ask for more best to eat it with a side of fish and rice.
- Cooking oil
- Pork belly
- Onion (diced)
- Garlic (diced)
- Ginger (diced)
- Red chilli pepper
- Shrimp paste (if you don’t have shrimp paste replace it with fish sauce)
- Coconut milk
- Coconut cream
- Slice the pork belly into thiny cube piece about 3/4 inch.
- In a low heat hot pot put 1 tbs of cooking oil. Sauté the sliced pork belly it will also produce more oil by itself.
- When the sliced pork belly turned brown put in the onion,garlic and ginger. Sauté until the onion is soft.
- Then pour in 1 tsp of shrimp paste if you don’t have shrimp paste replace it with the fish sauce. Sprinkle a pinch of salt.
- Mix the pot then pour in the coconut milk and mix the pot again. Adjust the heat in medium heat.
- When the coconut milk starts boiling pour in the coconut cream.
- Let boil for 5 minutes then put in all the spinach. Mix the pot again and cover.
- Wait for 20 minutes until the liquid is almost dry and the oil comes out check occasionally, don’t let it dry. Then turn of the heat.