And today we’re making a mung bean soup also known as monggo bean soup a healthy,affordable, and tasty soup that you can prepare for lunch best with a side of rice.
- Pork belly
- Mung beans
- Tomato (quartered)
- Garlic (diced)
- Onion (diced)
- Cooking oil
Minced garlic and onions
Quatered fresh tomatoes
Pork belly 1/2 inch sliced
- In a deep container soak mung beans with water and salt for 5hrs. (Soaking the mung beans makes the cooking faster).
- Slice the pork belly in a very tiny piece approximately 1/2 inch.
- In a casserole boil mung beans with the same water and salt that you used for soaking it. Boil until the mung beans get soft.
- Once the mung bean is soft turn off the heat. Use strainer to remove the excess water.
- In a separate pot with hot oil sauté the sliced pork in a low heat. Once the pork turns brown put in the onions and garlic. When the onion is soft put in the tomato and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- In the same pot where you sauté all the ingredients combine the mung beans and mix it, then pour some water for soup.
- When the water boils put in the spinach. Wait for 5 minutes before turning off the heat.