It’s not just a good dish but it has a lot to offer as well. This appetizing but healthy filipino soup called “shrimp soup” or “sinigang shrimp” keeps me and my husband warm in a cold winter weather. This sour but full of flavors and lots of nutrients soup make my husband feel better every time he gets a flu on a cold weather, and it works on me as well.
- white onion (diced)
- tomato (quartered)
- green beans
- green hot pepper
- potatoes or taro your own choice (quartered)
- spinach (optional)
- limes depends on how sour you want it
- salt and pepper
- In a large casserole saute shrimps with sliced onions until shrimp turns orange and onion becomes soft.
- Put the sliced tomatoes,potatoes or taro (your own choice of ingredients), and green beans together in the same casserole.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper for more flavors then mixed the casserole with the ladle.
- Pour in the water in the same casserole as a soup then wait until it boils.
- Now you can start squeezing those fresh limes in the casserole (depends on how sour you want the soup) and put in some green hot peppers for some kick.
- Put in the spinach last since it gets cook easily.
- Best serve with a side of rice.